Friday, August 12, 2011

A day to realise my dreams

Booked an overnight ticket to Singapore, touched down in the next early morning, with interview session a few hours later, interviewed and jumped on the return flight on the same day. Undoubtedly, it was definitely one of the craziest things I have done in my life.


If you are lost on what I was talking about, I was attending a cadet pilot interview held by the Singapore Airlines. I know I know, this is the job a million men would kill for, but apparently there are not many spots available, which means tough competition. Having been given this interview opportunity is a blessing for me, but shame to say, I under-performed myself in the interview, which could possibly bury my another chance with disappointment.




Anyway, I tried my best, as I was able to keep my head in the game even I had a long-haul flight prior. Regardless of the outcome, I had a wonderful experience and this would definitely trigger my determination to pursue this career more seriously. Most importantly, I made the choice without regrets by not letting this opportunity slipping away.

One thing for sure, I had fully understood the ancient Chinese saying, "养兵千日,用军一时。" It is crucial that we are always prepared and trained for any opportunity  that might come in future.

Well, I guess I still have a long way to go await another opportunity then. Life still goes on, I still have my good job in Melbourne, and it is obviously not the end of the world yet. Treated this opportunity as a bonus or blessing towards my life. With or without it, I am still a fortunate person who is still breathing and smiling through my life as usual.

May everyone is blessed with life-changing opportunities, which would bring more colors to your life. 

Cheers mate.

No comments: